Key Lime Pie
4 tsp grated zest plus 1/2 cup juice from 3-4 limes
4 large egg yolks
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
Use either a 9-inch pre-made graham crust or
9 graham crackers crushed
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted.
Whippeed Cream for finishing
- FOR THE FILLING: whisk zest and yolks in a medium bowl until tinted light green, about 2 minutes
- Beat in milk then juice; set aside at room temperature to thicken while making the crust or if using a pre-made crust let sit for 30 min.
- FOR THE CRUST: Bake pre-made crust by following the directions on the label or Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a food processor, process graham crackers until evenly fine, about 30 seconds. Add sugar and pulse till combined. Continue to pulse while adding the warm melted butter in a steady stream. Pulse until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Transfer crumbs to a 9-inch glass pie plate, press into the pan using your fingers and a 1/2 cup measuring cup to square off the top of the crust. Bake 15-18 minutes or until beginning to brown. Let cool.
- Pour lime filling into the crust. Bake 15-17 minutes or until the center is set. Let chill at least 3 hours. Top with whipped cream and serve.