Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pasta Salad Dressing

1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons Dijon or brown mustard
1 large garlic clove, minced
black pepper to taste
2/3 cup olive oil

Measure vinegar (or lemon juice) and mustard (or mayonnaise) into a 2-cup measuring cup. With a small whisk, stir in garlic, a big pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Measure oil in another cup. Slowly whisk oil into mixture, first in droplets, then in a slow, steady stream to make an emulsified vinaigrette. 

I also added a little bit of sugar.  :)  I toss this on pasta salad with all of my favorite ingredients like bacon, grape tomatoes, broccoli, shredded mozzarella cheese, nuts (this time I only had slivered almonds on hand), and olives.  I know there are probably a million ways to do it, but I mix everything but the dressing together and then add the dressing about 15 minutes before eating.

No comments: