Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cake Mix Muffins/Cupcakes

The recipe that I used says to do the following:
Mix:
1 cake mix
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup water
Add-ins of your choice

Spoon into muffin pan and bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes.  Makes 24 muffins.

Lately I have been using a whole 15 oz can of pumpkin and then adding water until I think it is moist enough (about 1/2-3/4 cup of water).  I hate using only 1 cup of pumpkin because then I don't know what to do with the left-over bit of pumpkin. 

The cake mix and add-ins I used on the night of Recipe Group were:
Devils Food cake mix
1 tsp almond extract
big handful of dried cherries
~3/4 cup chocolate chips
chopped almonds and melted chocolate chips for garnish on top.

Other combinations could be:
Spice cake mix with nuts and raisins
German chocolate cake mix with pecans and coconut
The possibilities are endless!  Make up your own!  Have fun!

No comments: