Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Oilve Tapenade

from Ina Garten, Foodnetwork

1/2 pound good black olives, such as kalamata, pitted and diced (I used mostly kalamata but also some green olives)
3 tablespoons capers, drained
8 anchovy fillets (I left these out)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup good olive oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves (I used 1/4 tsp crushed dried thyme)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 baguette, sliced and toasted (I used crackers)

Combine the olives, capers, anchovies and garlic in a food processor fitted with a steel blade, and pulse 3 times. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, thyme and parsley and process until chunky. Keep refrigerated.

Serve on toasts.

No comments: